DuPont celebrated the silver anniversary of its global packaging awards program with this year's top winner as a prime example of collaboration and protection, themes that dominate the competition this year. More
- Conveniently packaged in individual snack packets and available now at convenience stores nationwide, the Cracker Jack'D snacks were created to meet the demands of the on-the-go adult consumer.
- Newest offering of a pesto product in a pouch is disguised in a deceptively realistic old-fashioned canning jar, complete with a hand-lettered tag attached with a cord.
- FDA has issued an avalanche of warning letters in the last year to food manufacturers that made claims for their products that exceeded what FDA considered to be appropriate.
- S&M Brands Inc. expands its little cigar product line with a hip, new embossed 12-count tin that reflects the size and shape of today's smartphones and convenient grab 'n go 4-packs that have a lower price point, allowing them to enter new markets.
Most Recent Resources
May 13, 2013
The case of the funky photoeye
The call came while I was relaxing with the latest Packaging Digest and a cup of...
May 12, 2013
Working with our little mechanical buddies
Late in the last decade, when I was a senior editor at Control Engineering...
April 1, 2013
Giving packaging a second chance at life
.Product packaging is a way of life to us, sure, but to most consumers it has no...
- Reggie Hodgson– 5/15/2013 4:20:15 PM EDT
in response to First cloud-based app inspects packaging text and graphics
- mil-b-121– 5/15/2013 3:38:24 PM EDT
in response to Creating packaging jobs and growth through manufacturing innovation
- Rita M. Mahler– 5/15/2013 12:48:16 PM EDT
in response to Bakery launches new packaging tin for famous cookies
- Patrick Wilson– 5/12/2013 5:17:01 PM EDT
in response to McDonald's Premium McWrap debuts in hand-held packaging
Ask the Experts
Packaging Digest speaks with Robert E. Hogan, director of global marketing at Zip-Pak, about demand for resealable closures, how to justify the costs of package zippers, Zip-Pak's new consulting team and its new services, and how a CPG can take advantage of these new services.
Full Round Table Discussion