Hot packaging stories of the week
Jenni Spinner, Senior Editor -- Packaging Digest, 12/10/2012 9:37:19 AM
1. Teen: Easy-Bake Oven needs gender-neutral packaging
A New Jersey youngster has started a petition asking Hasbro Inc. to change the girly colors and graphics on the carton to make the popular toys more boy-friendly.
2. Cisco redesigns wireless router packaging
The packaging for Linksys routers simplifies router selection with a chart and eye-catching colors.
3. Report charts trends in single-use foodservice packaging
The Foodservice Packaging Institute's fourth annual Trends Report reveals three key trends in 2012.
4. Fruit snack packaging launched into space
The Canadian Space Agency has picked Dole Squish'ems squeezable fruit snacks to feed hungry International Space Station astronauts.
5. Toothbrush packaging puts One Direction in your head
Brush Buddies has expanded its Singing Toothbrush line with a brush that plays hits from the teen group One Direction as you brush.