Top beauty packaging innovations chosen in global competition
Posted by Lisa McTigue Pierce, Executive Editor -- Packaging Digest, 5/31/2013 7:29:07 AM
HBA Global, the leading product development source for the beauty and personal care industry, has announced the finalists of its Annual International Package Design Awards (IPDA). The IPDA Finalists will be displayed during the HBA Global Expo & Conference, June 18-20, 2013, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. The IPDA winners will be announced on Wed., June 19, by a celebrity presenter during an awards reception in the IPDA Showcase open to all HBA attendees.
As the only design award to celebrate the year's most innovative packaging in all of beauty's product categories, the HBA IPDA received entries from major brands, niche players and indie companies from all over the world.
A judging committee of designers, packaging executives, brand experts and media voted on the impressive packaging projects for the final selection. Some of the comments about this year's finalists included: "great concept," "good design consistency," "breakthrough graphics," "clean contemporary design" and "innovative product delivery system."
The 2013 HBA IPDA Finalists in 13 Categories are:
• Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Shimmer Veil by Physicians Formula Inc.; submitted by Physicians Formula Holding Inc.
• FLOWER Lip Service Lip Butter by FLOWER Beauty; submitted by Maesa
• Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara by L'Oreal Paris; submitted by Alison Brod Public Relations
• The Curve by NYX Cosmetics; submitted by NYX Cosmetics
• HD Dual Sided Brush 110, 120, 130 and 140 by Japonesque; submitted by Anisa International
• NAKED Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup by Urban Decay; submitted by Alison Brod Public Relations
• Peak Performance Mascara by Pop Beauty; submitted by Pop Beauty
• Stila Snow Angel Color Palette by Stila; submitted by Stila
• Winks by Georgie by Georgie Beauty; submitted by Georgie Beauty
• Ambre Noir Eau de Toilette for Men by Yves Rocher; submitted by Yves Rocher North America Inc.
• Beauty Red by Esika; submitted by Belcorp
• FLIGHT Sport by Michael Jordan by Five Star Fragrance; submitted by Siren Public Relations, Inc.
• Royal Copenhagen 1775 by Five Star Fragrance Co. Inc.; submitted by Five Star Fragrance Co. Inc.
• Bond No. 9 Central Park South by Bond No. 9 New York; submitted by Alison Brod Public Relations
• Forsaken True Blood Eau de Parfume by Forsaken LLC; submitted by Virtue Development Co.
• Sephora's Beautiful Story by Sephora; submitted by Vivabox USA & Canada
• Tom Binns for Lisa Hoffman Beauty Fine Fragrance Jewelry by Lisa Hoffman Beauty/Tom Binns; submitted by Lisa Hoffman Beauty
• Aqua Net Hairspray by Lornamead Inc.; submitted by The Goldstein Group
• L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare by L'Oreal Paris;submitted by L'Oreal USA
• NEVO by Pravana; submitted by Pierce Mattie Communications
• Show Beauty by Maesa; submitted by Maesa
• Toppik Starter Kit by Scott-Vincent Borba; submitted by Blue Sky Marketing Communications
INNOVATIONS IN SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING
• Divine Desire MAC Holiday Clutch by MAC; submitted by MG New York
• Eclos by Freeman Beauty; submitted by Viva Healthcare Packaging
• EcoTools by EcoTools; submitted by Paris Presents Inc.
• Jing Ai Sierra Glow Duo by Jing Ai; submitted by Jing Ai
• Stila for E! Live from the Red Carpet Solar Illuminated Refillable Compact and Powder Duo by Stila for E! Live from the Red Carpet; submitted by Stila
PERSONAL CARE MASS
• Dove Men + Care Face Care and Shaving by Unilever - Dove; submitted by Raison Pure NYC
• Monsters University 3-in-1 Body Wash by MZB Accessories; submitted by MZB Accessories
• Seventh Generation Body Wash and Sensitive Care Lotion by Seventh Generation; submitted by TricorBraun
• Strong Nutrients by Strong Nutrients; submitted by Pearlfisher
PERSONAL CARE PRESTIGE
• Another Place by Watergate Bay Hotel; submitted by Pearlfisher
• Maine Beach Organic Olive Oil Body Care Range by Cocco Corporation; submitted by Harcus Design
• MDSolarSciences by MDSolarSciences; submitted by MediaCraft
• Victoria's Secret SEDUCTION, No. 1 Dark Orchid Fragrance Mist by Victoria's Secret; submitted by VPI
SAMPLING/TRAVEL SIZE PACKAGING
• ARTISTRY Intensive Skincare 14 Night Restore Program by Amway; submitted by PKG GROUP
• Botanist's Travel Sprays by Ineke; submitted by Ineke LLC
• HOMMAGE Skincare Travel Capsules by HOMMAGE; submitted by Hommage
• Silkening Power Infusion by Aquage; submitted by SalonQuest, LLC
SKIN CARE MASS
• Fresh Effects by Olay; submitted by Procter & Gamble
• La Fresh Eco-Beauty Anti-Aging Face Cleanser Wipes by La Fresh Group, Inc.; submitted by Diamond Wipes Intl. Inc.
• Oceana by Procter & Gamble; submitted by Landor
• Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum & Day/Night Cream by L'Oreal Paris; submitted by Alison Brod Public Relations
SKIN CARE PRESTIGE
• Caudalie by Caudalie; submitted by Raison Pure NYC
• CLAYSPRAY by PHARMACLAY DELIVERY SYSTEM, SL; submitted by PHARMACLAY DELIVERY SYSTEM, SL
• Exuviance Targeted Filler T5 by NEOSTRATA; submitted by PKG GROUP
• FIRMX Firming Night Moisturizer by Peter Thomas Roth; submitted by Peter Thomas Roth
• Tresor Rare Skin Care by Dead Sea Premier cosmetics laboratories ltd; submitted by Dead Sea Premier cosmetics laboratories ltd
SKIN CARE PRODUCT LINES
• GOLDFADEN MD by Nadia Yousif for Goldfaden MD; submitted by Creative Media Marketing
• Miracle 10 by Miracle 10; submitted by Miracle 10 Cosmetics
• Regenerist, White Radiance and Aqua Action by Olay; submitted by Procter & Gamble
• SolScents by SolScents; submitted by Berlin Packaging / Studio One Eleven
TOOLS AND AT-HOME DEVICES
• AKI by Paul Brown Hawaii Marketing Inc.; submitted by Paul Brown Hawaii
• LightStim for Wrinkles by LightStim; submitted by Behrman Communications
• MACRO Exfoliator by Rodan + Fields Dermatologists; submitted by Rodan + Fields Dermatologists
• Riiviva Microderm by Creative Media Marketing; submitted by Creative Media Marketing
• Tria Beauty by Tria Beauty; submitted by Pearlfisher
To view photos of the 2013 IPDA Finalists go to: www.hbaexpo.com/ipda/2013-hba-ipda-finalists
Visit www.hbaexpo.com for more information and to register for the HBA Global Event and see the IPDA Finalists up close and personal. Beauty Packaging and HAPPI magazines are the media sponsors of the HBA IPDA Awards.
The HBA Global Expo & Conference, produced by UBM Live, is the premier product development source—from concept to market—for the cosmetics, personal care, skin care, fragrance and wellness industries and features a comprehensive educational program and exhibits floor. HBA visitors comprise the top prestige, mass and emerging beauty and personal care brands worldwide. The next HBA Global Expo & Conference will take place June 18-20, 2013, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.
Source: HBA Global