Technology surrounding robotics, modularity and hygiene design for food packaging equipment and more are some of the on-trend developments to be presented during an exclusive insider tour during PackEx Montreal later this mont
Automation uses technology to improve the speed, performance and optimization of labor-saving devices, equipment and systems at the unit, line, plant and enterprise levels.
Automation used to centered on repetitive operations for labor savings, but now also refers to incremental improvements in processing power, safety, batch control, enterprise integration, wireless communications, robotics, measurement and control…and a host of other aspects.
Some developments that have dramatically improved packaging automation this century:
- Communications through networks and wireless capability;
- Motion control including servo drives;
- Robotic systems that are faster, nimbler and more robust;
- Sensors and machine vision systems;
- Touchscreen human-machine interfaces.