INTERPHEX and a team of industry experts select Nemera as winner for this year’s exhibitor awards as Best New Product.
International Pharmaceutical Expo (INTERPHEX), the premier event dedicated to pharmaceutical and biotechnology innovation, technology, and knowledge from development through commercialization and sponsored by the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA), has announced the winners for the INTERPHEX Exhibitor Awards for 2016.
Nemera was recognized for the ‘Best New Product’ for Novelia® BFS, its preservative-free multi-dose eyedropper combined with bottlepack® technology.
Novelia® works with high viscosity suspensions and solutions of up to 1500 cps and limits the distribution of liquids to one drop at a time. The doses of the drops are precise, which assist medication adherence.
Nemera and Rommelag combined their advanced technologies and experiences to create a preservative-free multidose ophthalmic dropper processed by Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS).
Key benefits of Novelia®
- 100% controlled and safe thanks to its patented PureFlow™ Technology
- Works with high viscosity suspensions and solutions up to 1500cps
- User-friendly and intuitive: easy eye targeting thanks to its blue tip feature, as easy to use as any standard eyedropper
- One drop at a time into the patient’s eye
- Calibrated drops providing a precise dose for a better treatment adherence
Key benefits of BFS
- Advanced aseptic BFS process according to US Pharmacopeia, FDA and GMP Guidelines
- Highest sterility assurance with BFS Technology
- Proven and cost-effective production
- Customized container designs for differentiated products
- Ergonomic and easy to squeeze bottles
Nemera’s Novelia® BFS was presented at the INTERPHEX opening ceremony, on Tuesday, April 26th. The convention took place at The Javits Center, New York City, until Thursday 28th April.
To win an INTERPHEX Exhibitor Award, the exhibit/booth must excel in each criterion, rise above competitors, and clearly reflect excellence in pharma and biopharma development and manufacturing.
The judges evaluated each submitting exhibitors booth based on the following criteria:
- Overall Appeal/Experience (Design)
- Knowledge (Content)• Product/Service Innovation
- New Technologies or Novel Implementation of Existing Technologies
- Advances in Features and Performance
- Development of Novel Technologies
- Novel Implementation of Existing Technologies
- Advances in Services Provision
- Significant New Services Additions
- Showcasing of Technical Knowledge
The judges on this year’s Exhibitor Awards panel were
- Meg LaTorre-Snyder, Editor of Pharmaceutical Processing
- David Hall, Vice President of Sales for Parenteral Drug Association (PDA)
- Christa Myers, Process Chemical Engineer for CRB
- Patrick Poisson, SVP Manufacturing and Chief Manufacturing Officer for the United Therapeutics Corp.
- Gil Roth, Founder and President of the Pharma & Biopharma Outsourcing Association (PBOA)