Fres-co System USA has long been a leader in flexible packaging for the coffee industry. Chris Burger, Fres-co Coffee Market Manager, displays the advantages of flexible packages versus more traditional methods. Fres-co helps many in the coffee industry reduce their packaging weight while extending the life and freshness of their coffee.
Fres-co — Put Our Ideas, Our Experience and Our System to Work on Your Next Packaging Challenge
Fres-co System USA, Inc. is a privately owned packaging manufacturing company headquartered in Telford, Pennsylvania, with an additional manufacturing facility in Red Oak, Iowa. For more than 30 years, Fres-co has served leading companies from across the Fortune 500 with turnkey flexible packaging systems, printed laminated barrier materials and exceptional service. During our history of innovation, we have also invented many breakthrough products, including the one-way degassing valve, modified atmosphere technologies, and reclosure systems.
Fres-co serves a wide range of customers in the coffee, food & beverage, and industrial/chemical markets, as well as many famous specialty brands. We collaborate to help them optimize their operational performance and excel in their packaging operations. With more than 1,700 installations worldwide, Fres-co offers a full line of state-of-the art customized packaging equipment for dry and liquid products, including:
- Vertical Form Fill and Seal
- Horizontal Fill and Seal
- Multi-lane stick pack and sachet machines.
Our liquid filling technologies include:
- Low Acid and High Acid Aseptic
- Ultra Clean
- Hot Fill pumpable and multiphase products
- Post Fill Pasteurization
- Hot fill Multi-Phase
- Hot Fill Pumpable
Our liquid-filling systems are designed for multi-viscosity liquids, with or without particulate, and they are built to 3A sanitary standards. Other recent developments include:fsFSU800HF Multi-Phase VFFS machine with Ultrasonic Sealing – Our latest innovation capable of running high barrier foil and clear material structures designed for retort applications.
- FSU800HF Multi-Phase VFFS machine with Ultrasonic Sealing – Our latest innovation capable of running high barrier foil and clear material structures designed for retort applications.
- Dual lane for the FSU 800 — Fres-co has doubled the output for our popular high-acid aseptic and ultra clean packaging machines for the food service market.
- Expansion of the FSU 1000 — Our automatic, FDA-validated VFFS packaging machine, which is unique in the industry, strengthens our leadership in low-acid aseptic packaging.
- Single-cup Capsules — Fres-co continues our traditional leadership in coffee by providing lidding for single-serve cups. Single cup filling machines?
- Stick Packs for Dairy.
We make side-gusseted premade bags for products whose weights range from 2 oz.to 50 lbs. Our vivid custom delivers vivid and vibrant colors to your packages.
Aseptic Packaging Machinery
Fres-co maintains leadership in aseptic packaging with two machines: The FSU 1000 is our automatic, FDA-validated VFFS packaging machine. The FSU800 is robust and versatile, and automatic vertical form fill seal machine for high-acid aseptic, ESL and Ultra Clean applications.