The measurex® product line started in the late 1950’s. Initially, measuring products were designed and tools were built by the Margon Company in NJ to fill specific customer requirements in the food, pharmaceutical and chemical markets. Over time, the quality reputation of measurex® evolved and the product line grew. In January of 1969, Margon realized the value of the brand they had built and trademarked measurex®. Measurex® continued to grow supplying scoops for national brands such as Swiss Miss, Lipton, Nestle, Lever Brothers, Chock Full o’ Nuts, Kraft, etc. Production of measurex® remained in NJ. under the management of the original owners until 1993, when it was sold to S&L Plastics and moved to Nazareth, PA.
S&L resumed production of measurex® scoops with a continued focus on quality. Measurex® scoops are produced with lot traceability from raw materials that meet the strict requirements of the Food & Drug Administration. Under S&L’s ownership in 2001, ISO certification was achieved and the facility was recently re-certified to the ISO 9001:2008 Standard.