Going to EastPack or HBA Global Expo on June 10-12 in the Big Apple? Make sure to check out the on-site packaging education seminars developed and hosted by The Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) located at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Hear from industry experts offering practical strategies and answers to critical topics in packaging today during these three 2-hr multi-speaker sessions.
The focus on each seminar will cater to a different area of packaging and will then be wrapped up with a Q&A session moderated by Jim George, IoPP director of education.
“The IoPP sessions have more speakers than previously,” George tells Packaging Digest. “Rather than a series of standalone presentations on unconnected topics, we have created a series of seminars, each focusing approximately two hours and multiple related presentations on the same topic. The topics reflect the requested areas of interest of show attendees.”
George adds, “The seminar approach enables us to present topics in greater depth and from multiple perspectives from various industry professionals. They will be able to get in-depth information on a topic of their choosing all in one place rather than having to go from room to room to listen to multiple presenters.”
Besides EastPack and HBA Global Expo, the three-day event will co-locate the PharmaPack North America trade show.
Check out the agenda below:
Seminar 1: Improving Package Design for the Retail Experience
Breakout sessions (10-11:45 a.m.)
• Leveraging an existing retail brand identity
• Winning color strategies for a global marketplace
• Panel discussion: packaging implications for breaking into mass retail
Seminar 2: Leveraging Smart and Interactive Packaging Technologies to Engage Customers
Breakout sessions (1-2:45 p.m.)
• Developing the business case for electronically enabled packaging
• Package design teams’ response to market changes and technology use for customer engagement
• Interactive packaging technology for engaging customers and product differentiation
Seminar 3: Innovations in Package Materials and Their Usability
Breakout sessions (3-4:45 p.m.)
• Expanded uses and new applications for alternative package materials
• Technical design implications for packaging and usability
• New polymers and plastics—evaluating stability and performance
The IoPP AmeriStar Package Awards, along with the UBM Canon Packaging Group Visionary Awards, presented by Packaging Digest and Pharmaceutical & Medical Packaging News, will recognize finalists and award winners at a dual ceremony on June 10.
AmeriStar awards are given based on six criteria: Innovation, Package Performance, Marketing, Environmental Impact, Product Protection and Economics.