Celebrating 65 years of packaging solutions, this comprehensive packaging resource makes its return to the Anaheim (CA) Convention Center on Feb. 11-13 where, over the course of three days, show-goers will get an opportunity to have hands-on access to the newest packaging equipment, machinery, materials and services from more than 2,000 leading suppliers in the packaging sector.
One badge, all access
Co-locating again this year with seven other events, WestPack will be one of many happenings at the Anaheim convention center that week. The other events include Automation Technology Expo (ATX) West, Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) West, PLASTEC West, Electronics West, Pacific Design & Manufacturing, Sustainability in Packaging and AeroCon.
New and improved
• Peer-to-peer speed networking event: Take advantage of this new highly effective, efficient and entertaining event to gain industry knowledge, establish new alliances, learn about new processes and build relationships with industry peers to help advance your objectives.
This high-impact, structured event enhances networking opportunities by matching you up with relevant professionals according to your preferences. It's easy, it's fun, and it's free.
Events are scheduled for Wed., Feb. 12 at 2:00 p.m.—reception to follow—and Thurs., Feb. 13 at 10:30 a.m.—coffee social to follow.
• Learning Labs: Another new addition this year are 2-hour Learning Labs tackling critical concepts. This educational program has been designed for expo attendees across all seven co-located shows to create their own flexible schedule with over 60 hours of educational content.
Select from 30 Learning Labs across various topics including: Medical, Packaging, Automation Design & Manufacturing. More than 80 speakers have been selected for the labs. See details on these programs in the "Conference Program" article on p.6.
• The Golden Mousetrap Awards: Ceremony recognizes excellence with new products and innovative business practices. Design News, in partnership with Mouser Electronics, brings you a Rising Engineering Star. A Lifetime Achievement Award will also be presented. Ticket proceeds go to FIRST, providing youth programs and scholarships in science and technology.
Winners will be announced in conjunction with the show on Tues., Feb. 11 at 5:15 p.m. in the Anaheim Marriott Ballroom. Price of admission includes drinks and appetizers, networking opportunities, and an evening of celebration. Tickets are $45.
• WestPack mobile app: Connect with other attendees and find the suppliers you are looking for with our digital event planner. The "Find People" tool, for example, allows you to search by keywords, areas of interest or company and send them a message or request a meeting at the event. Additionally, you can search exhibitor listings, making it easy to find what you're looking for and make the most of your time.
Before the event, be sure to download the companion mobile app to your smartphone at www.MobileAppAnaheim.com so you can have your plan in hand when you are onsite.
• MD&M West Executive Summit: New this year is an exclusive forum designed to meet your executive-level needs. Gathered together are some of the most respected voices in the medical device industry for just two days to share their invaluable insights into the business side of this ever-evolving field. This event kicks off on Mon., Feb. 10 at 9:00 a.m.
Special show-feature areas
• Contract Packaging: This feature area offers solutions to implement fixed cost recognition in design, manufacturing, packaging and distribution and increase your speed-to-market and overall efficiency.
• Health & Beauty Packaging: See stylized bottles, jars, pouches and tubes; specialty labeling; innovative design services; coatings, colorants and finishes; closures, valves, pumps and sprayers; and ties, ribbons and other accessories.
• Supply Chain: Enjoy hands-on access to conveying equipment, palletizers, racking systems, robotics, and warehouse and inventory management systems.
• Pharmaceutical, Medical & Nutraceutical Packaging: Source specialty equipment; medical grade materials and supplies; disposables packaging; trays and kits; blister packs; tamper-resistant/evident containers; labeling and bar coding equipment; QA/QC; and testing, inspection and sterilization services.
•Sustainability in Manufacturing: Meet with suppliers who offer solutions on how to reduce your carbon footprint and energy costs while meeting supply chain requirements.
Sign up today
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to optimize your packaging operations with creative solutions. Visit www.packagingdigest.com/WP2014register and we will see you in Anaheim.
GENERAL WESTPACK INFO
Tues., Feb. 11: 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Wed., Feb 12: 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Thurs., Feb 13: 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Mon., Feb. 10-Thurs., Feb. 13
9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Complimentary shuttle service will run to and from the Anaheim Convention Center at 10-15 minute intervals on the following schedules:
Route #1: Angel Stadium parking lot - Amtrak/Metrolink Station - Anaheim Convention Center
*Not available on Mon., Feb. 10
Route #2: Embassy Suites (also serves guests from the Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn) - Hyatt Stop - Crowne Plaza (also serves Homewood Suites and Marriott Suites) - Anaheim Convention Center
Route #3: Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel - Disney's Grand Californian - Anaheim Convention Center
Continuous service on the following schedules:
• Mon., Feb. 10 (Routes 2 & 3 only) 7:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
(NOTE: No service between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.)
• Tues., Feb. 11: 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
• Wed., Feb. 12: 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
• Thurs., Feb. 13: 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.