An active first day at WestPack 2015 started for me with an energetic and enlightening keynote from Google Glass inventor Babak Parviz, now vp at Amazon. More education later in the day touched on the Internet of Things and its promise for improving predictive maintenance for machines.
In between were several booth visits to hear about new products, and then a celebratory end to the day with the Golden Mousetrap Awards from sister UBM Canon media brand Design News.
Click the red View Gallery button above to launch the slideshow.
1. Babak Parviz, vp, Amazon, on wearable computers.
2. Conveyors and cartilage. Bosch Rexroth
3. Rain in California this time of year? Videojet Technologies
4. Internet of Things and predictive maintenance. B&R Automation
5. A print/apply labeler makes its debut. ID Technology
6. Intermittent-motion vertical form-fill-seal system is speedy yet simple. Matrix
7. Entry-level case former suited to low-volume e-commerce operations. Dekka
8. Golden Mousetrap finalists and winners. Competition spurs innovation.
9. Ta da! The Automation & Motion Control category winner for Fluid Power Technologies.
10. Lifetime Achievement Award winner (you may recognize him).
11. Ah, Anaheim!