Thermo Scientific's NextGuard system combines three key attributes-performance, simplicity-of-use and price point-to make state-of-the-art X-ray product detection more affordable for food, pharmaceutical and other applications. It offers up to 50 percent better detection sensitivity than Thermo Fisher's previous value-based X-ray system, the EZx. The system is designed to be reliable, easy-to-install and compact (one meter long). It comes equipped with intuitive software. The NextGuard's key attributes:
• Multiple contaminant detection algorithms to increase detection probability
• Ability to modify, test and change detection parameters on the fly
• QA check mode, automating operator audits and record keeping
• Multiple available X-ray powers with low-cost extended warranties
• Wraparound detector intended to reduce "blind spots"
• Built-in internet remote support hardware and software
• Easily removable conveyor facilitating quick cleaning and service
• Detector diagnostics warn when preventative maintenance is needed
• On-machine reject image storage for up to 90 days
The series' first model, the NextGuard C330, is designed for packaged product contaminant detection.
For more about Thermo Scientific product inspection equipment, visit www.thermoscientific.com/productinspection.