4. 4 Inevitable Packaging Changes After COVID-19
The global pandemic is changing our lives in so many ways, especially by introducing a state of uncertainty about the future. Dan Felton, executive director of the industry advocacy organization AMERIPEN, gives us some insights into various packaging sustainability impacts so you can be better positioned for success in coming months and years.
His four predictions are:
• Consumers may appreciate the value of packaging more but will still want a circular packaging system.
• Our definitions of recycling need to be expanded and harmonized.
• Reusable packaging strategies may shift towards more industrial models.
• Social distancing and transmission concerns will drive automation in hauling and sortation.