The global economy relies heavily on small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Though challenged by resource limitations, SMBs have been at the forefront of innovation over the last century thanks to a relentless focus on streamlining operations, minimizing costs and delivering product profitably enough to grow and expand. These attributes provide the foundation for the SMB FastTrack program at PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013 (Sept. 23-25; Las Vegas Convention Center), a new initiative designed specifically to connect SMBs with innovative packaging and processing solutions and other vital resources quickly and efficiently.
"Small- and medium-sized businesses account for 46 percent of private-sector output in the U.S. economy alone. Multiply that out on a global scale, and their impact is undeniable," says Charles Yuska, president/CEO of PMMI, the owner and producer of PACK EXPO Las Vegas. "Creating a special program that makes it easier for SMBs to source innovation, build their network and advance their operations is a natural step in the evolution of the PACK EXPO shows."
There is no fee to participate in the SMB FastTrack program. To qualify for the program, participants must register for PACK EXPO Las Vegas before August 26 and work for an industrial or consumer packaged goods company with annual revenues between $50 million and $500 million. Pre-show registration costs $30 per person.
All SMB FastTrack program participants will receive:
• A special guide to PACK EXPO Las Vegas, including an official list of SMB FastTrack exhibitors that have committed to providing special financing, discounts or support for SMBs. The guide will also provide a map of the show floor, a list of restaurants on-site and other information that will help participants navigate the show.
• Access to special on-floor education. More details about education will be announced in the coming weeks.
C-level executives (such as president, vp, owner, managing director, CEO, CFO, COO) will qualify for the SMB FastTrack Platinum program.
In addition to the benefits outlined above, these participants will receive:
• Access to a Personal Equipment & Technology Sourcing Service (beginning June 17, 2013). With this service, participants will get personalized guidance to exhibitors they should visit at the show based on the technologies they need or the challenges they are looking to solve.
• Unlimited use of the FastTrack Executive Lounge during the show. This designated space will be equipped with all the things busy executives need to be productive, including meeting rooms that can be reserved in advance, opportunities to network with SMB peers, coffee and lunch service, charging stations for laptops and phones and use of computers and printers.
• Free advance show registration. Qualifying attendees must register by Aug. 26 using a promotional code provided by PMMI. On-site registration will cost $60 per person.
• A pre-show package of PMMI's most recent market and trends studies, which are typically only available for purchase to non-member companies.
With more than 1,600 exhibitors, 26,000 attendees and over 650,000 net square feet of exhibit space, PACK EXPO Las Vegas will be the largest hub for processing and packaging technologies in North America this year.
To learn more about the SMB FastTrack program, visit www.packexpo.com/fasttrack. Visitors to www.packexpo.com can also learn about other show features including The Processing Zone, The Brand Zone and pavilions and lounges for the baking and snack, beverage, confectionery and pharmaceutical sectors.