"Each of the members voted onto the board brings a unique perspective and direction, as well as invaluable input borne of experience actively participating in events and committees," says Glenn Siegele, PMMI nominating committee chairman and president of Omega Design Corp.
Siegele confirms that the new board members met PMMI's bylaw requirement that the board reflect the composition of the PMMI membership in terms of geography and company size. The new board members' terms will begin Jan. 1, 2012, and end Dec. 31, 2015. They are:
Jack Aguero (re-appointment), vp, business development & marketing, Pro Mach Inc., Loveland, OH. Aguero currently serves on PMMI's board of directors and as chairman of the Business Intelligence Commmittee.
Timm Johnson, vp, sales & marketing, Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery Inc., Sturtevant, WI. Johnson currently serves as a member of the Education & Workforce Development Committee.
John Kowal (inaugural supplier board member), market development manager, B&R Industrial Automation Corp., Batavia, IL. Kowal is currently a member of the Global Marketing and Trade Show Strategy Committees.
At its annual meeting in King of Prussia, PA, on Nov. 7, 2011, the PMMI board of directors chose to have the current Executive Committee remain in place. The following officers will serve through Dec. 31, 2012:
Chairman of the board: Nick Wilson, Morrison Container Handling Solutions
Vice chairman: Richard Fox, Jr., Fox IV Technologies Inc.
Immediate past chairman: Glenn Siegele, Omega Design Corp.
President/CEO: Charles Yuska, PMMI
Additionally, PMMI's board of directors voted 22 companies into PMMI membership.
"I'm excited to welcome all of our new members to PMMI, and share all that we have to offer with these 22 companies," says Yuska. "And with the addition of this Spring's class of 22 members, this might be one of the best overall years for membership I can remember."
New members are listed below by membership category:
• Bizerba USA (Piscataway, NJ) manufactures weigh price labeling equipment, checkweighers and software.
• Bunting Magnetics Co. (Newton, KS) manufactures conveyors and detection/separation machines.
• Engineered Production Equipment (Omaha, NE) designs and builds form/fill/seal machines, loading machines and converting equipment.
• Frazier & Son L.P., (Conroe, TX) manufactures conveying machinery.
• Graham Engineering Corp. (York, PA) manufactures extrusion blow molding equipment.
• JetAir Technologies (Ventura, CA) manufactures blower systems for the packaging industry.
• Langguth America Ltd (Waterloo, Ont., Canada) manufactures labeling machines.
• Polychem Corp. (Mentor, Ohio) manufactures strapping systems and palletizing/unitizing machines.
• TMI-Tishma Innovations LLC (Schaumburg, IL) designs and manufactures custom-built cartoning machinery and packaging.
• Telesis Technologies Inc., (Circleville, OH) manufactures marking systems.
• Bishop-Wisecarver Corp. (Pittsburg, CA) specializes in guide wheels and guided motion technologies.
• Clippard Instrument Laboratory Inc. (Cincinnati, OH) produces miniature pneumatic devices, cylinders, valves, fittings, and controls.
• Lenze Americas (Uxbridge, MA) manufactures motion control components.
• Microscan Systems Inc., (Renton, WA) manufactures vision system equipment.
• Turck Inc. (Plymouth, MN) produces non-contact proximity sensors, flow monitors and interface products.
• U.S. Tsubaki Power Transmission (Wheeling, IL) offers power transmission products.
• Uhlmann VisioTec GmbH (Towaco, NJ) develops inspection and marking systems for the automated pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging process.
• cei (Coating Excellence Intl.) (Wrightstown, WI) is a material supplier.
• Drytac (Richmond, VA) manufactures and distributes mounting, laminating, finishing materials and equipment.
• Glue Dots Intl. (New Berlin, WI) provides adhesive products and application equipment to the packaging industries.
• REA Elektronik Inc., (Walton Hills, OH) manufactures ink jet and laser printing equipment for a range of industries.
• Tape Printers Inc. (Farmingdale, NY) is a custom printer of carton sealing tapes, pressure-sensitive and water-activated products.