[October 6, 2023: DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED to October 20, 2023.]
Do you have something important to say about sustainability in healthcare packaging? Or about human factors design challenges? Or about regulatory impacts on medical device packaging? Or about new
packaging test methods? Or about any number of other topics that healthcare packaging professionals deal with day to day?
The conference team at thePACKout want to hear from you. They are inviting industry experts to submit presentation ideas for the 2024 event, which will be held May 14-16 at Loews Coronado Bay Resort in Coronado, California.
You must submit your abstract here before midnight Eastern time on Friday, October 6.
Submission guidelines explain best chances.
Submissions will be reviewed by a programming committee representing the demographic of thePACKout audience and scored on these four deliverables:
1. Novel content. Conference producers note that “All abstracts must be original work and have never been presented in another forum.”
2. Relevant content. Is your topic appropriate and applies to at least one of the conference pillars or themes?
3. Actionable. How will your content benefit attendees?
4. Speaker expertise and diversity. New, dynamic speakers bring fresh voices to the conversations.
“The call for abstracts may look slightly different this year as we continue to innovate on the program structure and integrate audience feedback,” says Kiley Djupstrom, Co-Founder, Founding Board Member and Secretary of thePACKout. “thePACKout 2024 will feature technical sessions across three pillars — Design, Process, and Technology — with cross themes of Innovation, Regulatory, Sustainability, and Usability. Professional Development sessions tie the program together to elevate professional skills, build a community, and advance the careers of attendees.”
Guidelines from thePACKout are:
To encourage diversity of perspectives and representation:
• Abstract proposals should feature no more than one (1) individual from the same organization.
• There is a maximum of two (2) abstract submissions per speaker.
• Collaborative sessions (such as panels) should represent diverse perspectives with different companies, genders, experiences, and such.
Presentations must be free of commercial content and intent. Abstracts promoting a company, product, or service will not be considered.
In case you missed it above, submit your abstract here before midnight Eastern time on Friday, October 6.
Lisa McTigue Pierce is Executive Editor of Packaging Digest. She’s been a packaging media journalist since 1982 and tracks emerging trends, new technologies, and best practices across a spectrum of markets for the publication’s global community. Reach her at [email protected] or 630-272-1774.