A compilation of recent medical device industry news paints a focused picture of hot topics, challenges, and solutions.
Demand for Medical Kits and Trays to Soar
The need for disposable products — such as disposable gloves, patient gowns, sterile medical devices, and others — is increasing rapidly to help minimize health risks. And while the COVID-19 pandemic reduced production across manufacturing units for a while, there has since been a surge in demand due to the rush of patients in clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
This surge is anticipated to drive the healthcare market further over the next few years as well, fueling the growth of prepackaged medical kits and trays, according to the new Prepackaged Medical Kits and Trays Market report from Fact.MR.
Key insights include:
• Laparoscopic trays will emerge as a dominant segment during the forecast period.
• In terms of end-user, multi-specialty hospitals will maintain their lead in the global prepackaged medical kits and trays market.
• North America will continue leading the global prepackaged medical kits and trays market, while Asia Pacific will register the highest growth rate throughout the forecast period.
• Europe will remain a lucrative market, owing to rise in demand in Germany, France, and other countries in the region.
Fierce competition is provoking new product innovation. The report shares a few examples:
• 3M has new prepackaged medical kits, including 3M Littmann Stethoscope Spare Parts Kit, 3M Attest Biological Indicator 1262 for Steam, and others.
• Medtronic has launched Argyle Chronic & Acute Hemodialysis Catheter Accessories, Veriset Hemostatic Patch, and more.
• Boston Scientific has introduced Orca Sterile Single Use Air/Water & Suction Valves, SafeStart Cleaning Kit and Koala Sponges, Blox Bite Blocks, and other products.
Child-Resistant Cartons Safeguard and Promote Cannabis
Designed for medical or recreational marijuana products, the new Diamond Lockbox line of folding cartons from Diamond Packaging combines safety and shelf impact. The user friendly and compliant packaging sports a luxurious design.
Single- and dual-lock options feature finished edges and ample billboard space and can be decorated with a range of printing and finishing effects for the ultimate eye-catching result.
Discreet child-resistant (CR) release mechanisms, with audible clicks, ensure compliance for both child safety and senior adult use effectiveness (SAUE). Made from laminated, tear-resistant paperboard, the cartons can be custom designed for different products, such as edibles, pre-rolled joints, vape cartridges, vape pens, and concentrates.
This new product line is made using the company’s Green Chic sustainable converting methods, which includes using multiple inline technologies and using 100% clean, renewable wind energy in a Zero Waste to Landfill (ZWL) facility.
Medtech Leaders Headline New Virtual Event
A “can’t miss” experience, the new MD&M | BIOMEDigital event will feature prominent speakers from Boston Scientific, Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center, McKinsey & Company, Medtronic, Vanguard Health, and more. Scheduled for April 6-7, 2021, this two-day online conference brings leading voices influencing the rapidly evolving medical sector to the stage via keynotes, tech talks, panels, Q&As, behind-the-scenes walkthroughs, and more.
The virtual event — consisting of a conference, networking, and exhibition — is dedicated to progressing innovation within digital health, 3D printing, software and security, surgical robotics, medical device design and product development, and more.
Click here to see the full agenda and register for the April 6-7, 2021, event.
Multivac Celebrates 60 Years with Free Consultation
As part of its yearlong 60th anniversary celebration, packaging machinery maker Multivac will be treating four customers — including one from the medical products industry in Germany — to customized consultation.
The unnamed medical company will receive an informative one-day workshop individually tailored to the company’s requirements as part of a prize competition from Multivac’s Business Units.
Stefan Scheibel, vice president of Multivac’s Corporate Training & Innovation Center, says, “We will also be giving each winner comprehensive information about current packaging trends, as well as detailing new ideas on all aspects of packaging and sustainability. And, last but not least, we will be developing joint ideas with each individual customer for a tailor-made and future-proof packaging solution based on their specific requirements.”