Heinz Ketchup is spreading the excitement with the announcement of the finalists in the annual Heinz Ketchup Creativity Contest. Tens of thousands of colorful entries poured in for this year’s contest, and celebrity pop artist Burton Morris and a panel of judges have narrowed the field to 36 talented finalists. It’s up to America to vote for their favorite ketchup packet designs at www.KetchupCreativity.com.
This year’s contest and prizes are better than ever. For the first time, a grand prize winner will be selected from the 12 winners and that student’s artwork will appear on Heinz Ketchup bottles in stores across the country. That student will receive a $5,700 cash prize and a school visit from internationally acclaimed artist Burton Morris.
“I’m honored to return as a judge this year, and I continue to be inspired by the creativity shown in the students’ entries,” said Burton Morris. “It was difficult to choose just 36 finalists from so many imaginative designs. The students’ passion for Heinz Ketchup came through in this year’s colorful entries.”
Each of the 12 winners’ artwork will be reproduced on approximately 20 million Heinz Ketchup packets — more than 200 million packets combined — and their artwork will be displayed in the winners’ gallery at www.KetchupCreativity.com.
The 12 winners also will receive a $1,000 cash prize while their schools receive $1,000 toward art supplies, a voucher for $1,000 worth of Heinz Ketchup and a poster of the winner's artwork. In addition, a grand prize winner will be chosen from the 12 winners and that student will receive $5,700, have their artwork reproduced on Heinz Ketchup bottles and receive a school visit from Burton Morris.
“We’re so pleased with the enthusiastic response to the Heinz Ketchup Creativity Contest,” said Erin Catalina, associate brand manager for Heinz Ketchup. “We continue to see the love for America’s Favorite Ketchup in these entries year after year.”
And the Finalists are: Top Three in Each Grade Selected
* Luke Brown, Gospel Light Christian School, Walkertown, N.C.
* Tiernan McCulloch, Home School, Morgantown, Pa.
* Jordan Paolello, Woodbrook Elementary School, Edison N.J.
* Nia-Isabella Garza, Hudson Elementary, Brownsville, Texas
* Elvia Lopez, Crestview Elementary School, Merriam, Kan.
* Payton Miller, Monart School of Art, Washington, Pa.
* Jordan De La Rosa, John H. Shary Elementary, Mission, Texas
* Mariah O’Hara, Buckhannon Academy Elementary, Buckhannon, W.Va.
* Sydney Wichmann, Mila Elementary, Merritt Island, Fla.
* Eliza Browning, Connecticut Art School, South Windsor, Conn.
* Rachel Carlisle, Monart School of Art, Washington, Pa.
* Lia Guerette, Connecticut Art School, South Windsor, Conn.
* Kasey Lucia, Connecticut Art School, South Windsor, Conn.
* Danielle Lamboy, Our Lady of Good Counsel School, Cleveland, Ohio
* Natalie Paliulis, Connecticut Art School, South Windsor, Conn.
* Bianca Ayala, David A. Brown Middle School, Wildomar, Calif.
* Megan Foshee, Floyd Middle Magnet School, Montgomery, Ala.
* Rani Viroja, Connecticut Art School, South Windsor, Conn.
* Katherine Amick, Waukee Middle School, Waukee, Iowa
* Paige Charlick, Centennial Middle School, Dade City, Fla.
* Kira Nixon, Home School, Fort Hill, Pa.
* Zoie Bowden, FSUS High School, Tallahassee, Fla.
* Albert Munoz III, Lucio Middle School, Brownsville, Texas
* Dustin Nguyen, Luther Memorial School, Richmond, Va.
* Austin Schaible, Falls City High School, Falls City, Neb.
* Katie Schmitz, Incarnate Word Academy, St. Louis, Mo.
* Brianna Stoner, Southeast High, Lincoln, Neb.
* Brandon De La Rosa, Edinburg High School, Edinburg, Texas
* Jasmyne Douglas, Byron P. Steele II High School, Cibolo, Texas
* Chloe Johnson, Byron P. Steele II High School, Cibolo, Texas
* Synclaire Kaptur, Lyman High, Longwood, Fla.
* Cody Lawrence, Sherman Oaks, C.E.S., Tarzana, Calif.
* Victoria Simonian, McDowell High School, Erie, Pa.
* Alberto Enriquez, San Luis High School, San Luis, Ariz.
* Nicole Strang, Claudia Taylor Johnson High School, San Antonio, Texas
* Carmela Zabala, Naples High School, Naples, Fla.
Voting is open from 12:00:00 a.m. EDT March 22, 2010 to 11:59:59 p.m. EDT March 27, 2010. The winners will be announced in April.
SOURCE: H.J. Heinz Company