4. Flexible Packaging Delivers in the Ecommerce Era
With so many people staying at home to mitigate the risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus, doorstep deliveries have skyrocketed. Flexible packaging advocate Alison Keane identifies key advantages of this packaging format for ecommerce:
• Flexible packaging offers added protection and durability that can resist breakage, prevent spills, and keep multiple products together.
• Flexible packaging can often protect products during shipping without the need for an overbox, resulting in a smaller environmental footprint in both size and weight.
• Lighter-weight and space-efficient flexible packaging can lower shipping costs since billable weight is determined by whichever value is greater — actual or dimensional weight.
• Flexible packaging can have recloseable features that enable easy returns without requiring consumers to use new packaging, thus, minimizing the environmental impact.