New Recipe Starters from Progresso are bringing delicious home cooked meals to your dinner table every night of the week in a half hour or less by taking the prep time out of cooking.
The cooking sauces are easy-to-use and only require a few additional ingredients to get the final result whether you select the slower cooker, skillet, oven or broiler.
“Available in five flavorful varieties, Recipe Starters thick sauce provides a rich and concentrated, robust flavor,” says Stefan Miller, associate marketing manager for Progresso. “Each of the flavors can be used as a starter to create a variety of tasty recipes. With an easy-to-use pouch design, all you have to do is just add your favorite protein, along with a few pantry or refrigerator items and you’ve got a delicious home-cooked dish the family will love.”
Progresso developed Recipe Starters using the best techniques and ingredients to create the rich and bold flavors.
- Creamy Roasted Garlic: Chicken stock, roasted garlic and a touch of cream
- Fire-Roasted Tomato: Medium-thick, tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted tomatoes and red bell peppers, basil and a touch of cream
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: Creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy, full-bodied and highly indulgent smooth sauce with Portabella mushrooms flavor. Body similar to medium béchamel. Dairy/mushroom is primary flavor base with herb/white wine top notes.
- Creamy Three Cheese: Creamy, full-bodied and highly indulgent with body similar to medium cheese sauce. Rich with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory touch of cracked pepper.
Most of the easy-to-follow recipes from Recipe Starters require five or less ingredients, many of which may already be stocked in your kitchen. Also, each pouch has a recipe favorite printed on the packaging to give you a head start to home cooked during busy weeknights.
Progresso Recipe Starters pouches are available nationally in the meal solutions section in the pasta aisle and/or soup aisle. With a suggested retail price of $1.99 for a 9-oz pouch, a typical recipe makes 4 to 6 servings. For recipe ideas go to www.progresso.com/Recipestarters.
Source: General Mills