On February 25, the new contemporary Wendy's logo will begin appearing in Wendy's advertising, on product packaging, crew uniforms, new restaurant signage, menuboards and digital assets. The evolved logo is contemporary and iconic, as it further emphasizes the Wendy cameo while retaining the familiar Wendy's "wave" design.
"Wendy's brand transformation is re-energizing all of our touch points with consumers," said Emil Brolick , President and Chief Executive Officer. "We're transforming our brand - from bold restaurant designs to innovative food that consumers want, to improved customer service. This exciting evolution of our brand reinforces our mission to position Wendy's as A Cut Above."
This logo signals change - connecting consumers to Wendy's new offerings and fresh look. The ongoing Wendy's brand transformation includes the following new or recently-launched components:
- Packaging, including cups, bags and other items, has a fresh new look which will roll out in restaurants beginning March.
- New Crew Uniforms are coming to Wendy's throughout North America starting in June. The designs are professional, stylish and contemporary.
- Menu Innovations continue to emphasize high quality ingredients, fresh preparation and menu variety. Wendy's introduced the Right Price Right Size Menu, a greatly expanded value menu including six items at 99 cents and many others ranging from 99 cents to $1.99*. Wendy's is currently offering a premium North Pacific Cod sandwich for a limited time this Lenten season. Product innovation over the past few years includes Dave's Hot 'N Juicy Cheeseburgers with fresh, never frozen premium beef**, Asiago Ranch Chicken Sandwich, a line of premium salad entrees, center-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon and skin-on russet potato French Fries sprinkled with sea salt.
- The new Image Activation restaurants feature bold, sleek, ultra-modern designs that greatly enhance the customer experience. Features include lounge seating with fireplaces, flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi and digital menuboards. As of Jan. 31, 2013, more than 75 Image Activation restaurants were reimaged or newly constructed. Another 200 reimages are planned this year throughout North America and new designs are under way in international markets. The goal is to reimage 50 percent of Company restaurants in North America by the end of 2015. Average sales volumes for Image Activation restaurants have increased more than 25 percent over the prior year.
- The company's Engagement with Consumers, especially in the digital world, continues to expand. Wendy's recently launched its biggest digital effort yet - the "Claim Your Taste" experience, www.claimyourtaste.com. This is the first of a three-part yearlong effort to support the Right Price Right Size Menu. Wendy's mobile nutrition app allows customers to personalize meals based on the amount of calories and save as their favorites. Also, a complete overhaul of www.wendys.com will premiere this spring.
- Re-energized Advertising introduced nearly a year ago is resonating with consumers. Research shows even more people are talking about the advertising and engaging with the brand in social media.
"Every brand evolves over time to maintain relevance with consumers," said Craig Bahner , Chief Marketing Officer. "We're transforming our brand to signal a new dynamic company that's listening and responding to consumer needs."
Source: The Wendy's Co. via PR Newswire