Editor's Note: Presentations and panel discussions during the event were video-recorded and will be available for viewing in late July 2012 at www.FoodSafetyExchange.com.
The 2012 Food Safety Exchange Conference—sponsored jointly by Mettler Toledo's Product Inspection, Industrial, Retail and Laboratory equipment groups—was held at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare on June 26 and 27, 2012.
This free, two-day educational conference brought together more than 100 food manufacturers and processors, foodservice companies, retailers, auditors, standards owners, trade organizations and other food safety experts to learn more about the new food safety regulatory environment and to share views on the state of food safety today.
The two-day conference featured third-party expert presentations and panel discussions on current food safety issues, including keynote addresses on the Food Safety Modernization Act and the Global Food Safety Initiative.
Speakers and panel members included:
• Patrick Bele, Bureau Veritas
• LeAnn Chuboff, Safe Quality Food Institute (SQF)
• Kristie Grzywinski, Safe Quality Food Institute (SQF)
• George Ganser, International Featured Standards (IFS)
• Michael Kelty, NSF
• Ashley Brandt, Associate, Freeborn & Peters LLP
• John Kukoly, British Retail Consortium (BRC)
• Steve Mange, Senior Counsel, Freeborn & Peters LLP
• Debbie Newslow, D. L. Newslow & Associates
• Fons Schmid, FSSC 22000
• John Shapiro, Partner, Freeborn & Peters LLP
This was the initial conference in what Mettler Toledo plans as annual reviews of the state of food safety regulation. In 2013, the company plans both east and west coast venues for this conference.
Source: Mettler Toledo