Miravante Brands LLC and Kretek Intl. have partnered up to bring Nuvino (www.nuvino.com) to fruition—a new line of premium single-serve wine in a pouch from vineyards around the world.
Catering to all spectrums of the wine market—from the aficionados to the novices—Nuvino was developed to meet the growing demand for:
- Single-Serve Wine – Ability to enjoy a full glass of wine (187 mL) anywhere, anytime without opening an entire bottle;
- Convenience – Light, portable, unbreakable and resealable;
- Quality, international varietals – Opportunity to experience premium wines from around the world. The initial line will include wines from four different countries;
- Ease of use – With no corkscrew, simply drink from the spout or pour the wine into a glass; and
- Eco-friendly packaging – Innovative PreservPak preserves wine for a minimum of 12 months.
“Nuvino goes anywhere, anytime—one glass at a time—from intimate settings such as picnics, poolside and golf outings to larger gatherings such as outdoor concerts, sporting events and tailgating,” says Jason Carignan, president of Miravante Brands LLC, the company that developed Nuvino. “Our research shows that today’s discriminating consumers, in particular a skyrocketing number of Millennials, are seeking wines that allow them to experience unique varieties from around the world, but with the simplicity of a convenient, single-serve format.”
“Nuvino is not only convenient for individuals on-the-go, but is also ideal for the hospitality and travel industry, sports and entertainment venues and other recreational facilities that are always seeking for more ways to capture and grow on-premise wine sales,” adds Carignan. “For servers and consumers, the Nuvino wine pouch is a safe, unbreakable, lightweight package that doesn’t require a corkscrew to open. This allows hotels, casinos and resorts to offer premium wine throughout their facilities (pools, tennis courts, in-room) safely and in single-serving size.”
Nuvino is launching with four premium varietals:
- Sauvignon Blanc from Chile’s Maule Valley – Has fresh aromas of white flowers and crisp citrus notes combined with green apples and white peaches;
- Chardonnay from South Africa’s Cape Winelands – The zesty, unoaked wine features a nice balance of vanilla, pineapple and ripe peach flavors;
- Malbec from Mendoza’s Maipú wine region in Argentina – This deep violet wine explodes with plum, black currant and vanilla notes; and
- Red Blend from Australia’s Swan Hill wine region – Features silky smooth flavors of plums, mulberries and hints of oak.
The product line is manufactured and distributed under an agreement between Miravante Brands, LLC and Kretek Intl., a privately-held business that manufactures and distributes products to more than 100,000 convenience stores and the top national retailers in all 50 U.S. states and Canada.
“As a leading manufacturer and distributor, Kretek is always looking for strategic initiatives to expand its portfolio,” says Mark Cassar, CEO of Kretek Intl. “We are excited about our partnership with Miravante and about the innovative Nuvino, which is the perfect flagship product for our growing wine and spirits portfolio.”
The Nuvino line is expected to retail for $3.99 MSRP.
Source: Miravante Brands LLC