Hello Products greets the world with the launch of the first-ever seriously friendly oral care line, simply called helloTM. With a lineup of 99% natural, 100% nice toothpaste, mouthwash and breath sprays, hello promises a friendly mouth: healthy, white teeth, fresh breath, and a clean, moisturized mouth - with no harsh chemicals, artificial colors, alcohol or pain.
hello debuts in distinctive, gorgeous designs created by BMW Group DesignworksUSA, a subsidiary of BMW Group, and offers a refreshing departure from the unfriendly-looking bottles and goopy tubes that consumers have put up with for too long. In an unprecedented relationship between a consumer packaged goods (CPG) company and the world-renowned design arm of the performance automotive leader, hello and BMW Group DesignworksUSA partnered to create breakthrough solutions that bring the brand's seriously friendly spirit to life.
All hello products are available in four delicious flavors, including Supermint, Pink Grapefruit Mint, Mojito Mint and Sweet Cinnamint. Beginning this week, hello is available nationwide in Walgreens and Duane Reade stores, with additional retailers to follow worldwide.
"With so many brands talking about killing and fighting, we thought it was time to unleash products that explored the friendly side of oral care," said Craig Dubitsky, Founder and CEO of hello. "Our 99% natural products bring all of the performance and none of the pain, and they taste - and look - incredible."
Seriously friendly, seriously effective ...
The hello formulations are 99% natural and 100% nice, and feature proven ingredients that don't rely on stinging alcohol, artificial colors and sweeteners, or harsh chemicals. The alcohol-free mouthwashes taste amazing and are refreshingly clear, with no dyes. The cheerful little breath sprays are also alcohol-free, highly portable, and cute enough to display and share. The toothpastes feature delicious flavors that freshen breath and help keep teeth clean and healthy, and a unique dispensing cap that even makes loading your toothbrush a fun experience.
hello products, made with proven ingredients, offer the following benefits:
• hello toothpaste features fluoride, which is known to help prevent cavities. The paste helps to strengthen and whiten teeth, while reducing the effects of acid erosion and tartar buildup. It is free of controversial ingredients such as triclosan and stannous fluoride.
• hello toothpaste is made with a special type of silica, which gently and safely polishes stains off teeth and doesn't contain harsh chemical whiteners like hydrogen peroxide, or the extra grit that others use to whiten teeth.
• A well-moisturized mouth is a healthy mouth, which is why hello mouthwashes are alcohol-free. Every swish works with your body's natural defenses to wash away bad-breath germs and deliver long-lasting fresh breath.
... and seriously gorgeous
In creating the design, hello and BMW Group DesignworksUSA sought the perfect balance of form and function, incorporating a soft, curved aesthetic and thoughtful, user-centric precision. All packaging on the mouthwashes, sprays and toothpastes are 100% custom, proprietary designs - from the pour-and-swig rings on the mouthwashes, to the sleek click-and-go sprays, to the "pastry bag tip" on the toothpaste. Every aspect of the design, and how it relates to the user experience, was examined and optimized for friendliness.
To design hello, the team set out to achieve beautiful, minimalist packaging that would be pretty enough to leave on display, including:
• Toothpaste that would look the same the day you recycle it as the very day you bought it - with a unique, medicine cabinet-friendly, soft-touch tottle that politely stands up, with no wasteful secondary packaging.
• An arresting mouthwash bottle with a swig-or-pour friendly flavor ring, and an easy-to-use, easy-on-the eyes shape.
• Colorful, curvy breath spray packaging that takes delicious fun and seriously friendly on-the-go. The twist-to-lock functionality, sweet shape, and raised logo make it a breeze to tote and locate in purses or pockets.
• Bright toothbrushes that will bring on a smile, morning, noon or night. The brush handles are made with recycled polypropylene and a biodegradable corn resin - a friendly material that feels great to hold and is nice to the environment.
"When Craig first came to us with the concept for hello, everybody - from the President of DesignworksUSA all the way up to the Global Head of Design for BMW - got extremely excited by his idea to bring beauty and design to a category that's lacking in both, yet is ubiquitous in our lives," said Peter Falt, Director, BMW Group DesignworksUSA. "We collaborated every step of the way to bring Craig's vision of 'seriously friendly' to life through design. In the end, we created solutions that are unique to hello's brand attributes, balancing premium and playfulness to bring beautiful, never-before-seen designs and fun-to-use form factors to an experience we all repeat every day."
Hello Products' Dubitsky added, "Looking across the oral care aisle, we realized that the charge for establishing the design DNA of hello products was form and function, but also the formation of a philosophy around the notion of 'friendly'. So we approached the design process by exploring how these products can live in your life in a more pleasing way. We feel like hello can make personal care feel personal again."
hello products will be available nationwide in Walgreens, Duane Reade and select Target stores, as well as online at drugstore.com, beginning in mid-March 2013. hello products are wallet-friendly too, with retail prices that fall in line with many incumbent offerings in the category.
Source: Hello Products