The company also launched Pure Balance Pet foods two months ago in Canada that has been “highly successful,” according to Farwell.
- It is positioned as specialty store quality at a fraction of the price;
- In its first year in the market (including in the U.S.) it has became a $10,000,000 brand;
- It was launched as a dry dog food (shown) in bags as well as wet dog and cat food in cans;
- A dry cat food is planned next;
- The packaging relies on high-quality bags and printing.
If you would like to hear more from Thought Leaders talking about packaging that’s a little closer to home for most of you, I suggest that you check out the Packaging Digest Global Food & Beverage Packaging Summit set for July 7-8 in Chicago. Featured speakers include those from the J.M. Smucker Co., Mondelēz Intl., ConAgra Foods and Heinz North America. For more information, click here.
And now for yet another Great Value redesign…