With only 50 days until Team USA competes at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Kellogg's announces that Team Kellogg's, a group of Olympic and Paralympic athletes and hopefuls, will be featured on specially-marked products, starting in late December. Following the success of the highly popular athlete boxes from the 2012 Olympic Games, Kellogg's is bringing them back for the Sochi Games with more featured products than ever before. Before they compete for the opportunity to inspire millions, the Team Kellogg's athletes will be the faces of a variety of Kellogg's brands on limited-edition boxes this winter.
The athletes will be featured along with the following brands:
• Gretchen Bleiler - Snowboarding - on packages of Nutri-Grain® and Corn Pops®
• Heath Calhoun - Paralympic Alpine Skiing - on packages of Corn Flakes®
• Jim Craig - Ice Hockey Legend - on packages of Corn Flakes and Raisin Bran®
• Meryl Davis and Charlie White - Ice Dancing - on packages of Crispix®
• Sarah Hendrickson -Ski Jumping - on packages of Frosted Flakes® and Froot Loops®
• Ted Ligety - Alpine Skiing - on packages of Corn Flakes and Frosted Mini-Wheats®
• Noelle Pikus-Pace - Skeleton - on packages of Rice Krispies® and Cocoa Krispies®
• Amy Purdy - Paralympic Snowboarding - on packages of Crunchy Nut®, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Smacks® and Smart Start®
• Kristi Yamaguchi - Figure Skating Legend - on packages of Crispix®, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Kellogg's Fiber Plus® and Eggo®
• Torin Yater-Wallace - Freeskiing - on packages of Pop-Tarts®, Apple Jacks® and Krave®
"Having eaten Kellogg's cereal since I was a kid, I'm very excited to be featured on boxes of Corn Flakes and Frosted Mini-Wheats this winter," says Ted Ligety, U.S. Olympic alpine skier. "I'm a big proponent of the importance of breakfast, and happy to team up with Kellogg's in support of that critical meal."
In addition to the front-of-pack images, all of the Team Kellogg's athletes will also be featured on the back of specially-themed packages for a wide variety of Kellogg's brands.
"We're thrilled to feature all of the Team Kellogg's athletes on packaging, as a majority of them compete for Team USA to make it to the Sochi Games," says Noel Geoffroy, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Innovation for Kellogg's U.S. Morning Foods. "Our athletes truly believe that from great starts come great things, and we're proud to showcase them as the face of our products."
Each of the athletes also will be helping provide breakfast as part of the "Give A Great Start" initative, which continues through the end of the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games. As part of the campaign, the athletes will show their support by tweeting out with #greatstarts, and encouraging consumers to do the same. For each tweet with that hashtag, Kellogg's will help provide breakfast for a child in need1. For more information about Team Kellogg's, and the overall Kellogg's U.S. Olympic campaign, visit Kelloggs.com/teamusa.
Source: Kellogg Company