Packaging trends and innovative designs captured the most attention with our online audience in 2014. Articles about food and beverage, the top consumption markets for packaging—and where we see a lot of activity and innovation—ranked high in page views. Beer and marijuana were also popular topics, although we’re sure that’s because you were interested in the packaging.
10. Fans lament loss of hungry jack microwavable syrup bottle – Here’s a tip: Don’t take away a package that consumers love.
9. Top trends for 2014 – Predictions of trends are always hot at the beginning of a new year
8. 5 outrageous packages that demand ‘look at me!’ – Our first photo gallery on our new website was a big hit!
7. It’s open season for Busch beer drinkers – For the sportsmen out there.
6. Blog: 5 sustainable packaging trends to look out for in 2014 – How to satiate the ever-growing desire by consumers to reduce their eco footprint? Sustainability expert Tom Szaky had a few ideas.
5. Campbell Soup partners with Keurig on K-cup packs for soup sits smack dab in the middle of our list, fanned by the subsequent article in October 2014 “Hot, healthy and quick? General Mills taps K-cup style packaging for hot cereal,” which ranked No.11 on this Top 10 list.
4. Craft beer brews up label innovation— Some 13% of craft beer drinkers in a study say they select a product that looks cool when the kind of beer they typically drink is not available and 8% of craft drinkers say label or packaging design is important in their purchasing decision.
3. 5 emerging packaging design trends for 2014 – Savvy food and beverage brands are tapping these trends to gain favor with consumers.
2. 8 surprising packaging innovations from Pack Expo – These developments remind us of Forrest Gump.
1. Marijuana packaging: Beyond the baggie – We’re ending on a high note!!!