The PERMATRAN-W Model 3/34 G from MOCON Inc. is the first fully-automated water vapor transmission rate (WVTR) testing system for packaging and other barrier structures. It is appropriate for use by food, pharmaceutical, beverage, medical device, electronics companies and converters, among others.
In automatic mode, The PERMATRAN-W Model 3/34 allows the operator to:
- Mount a test film;
- Set the temperature/relative humidity conditions and begin the test.
Four National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) calibration films are stored and a calibration curve is generated across the entire range with the system’s TotalCal feature. MOCON claims that the use of TotalCal assures an error-free and accurate result every time.
- Easy-to-use touchscreen;
- Automatic maintenance of temperature, relative humidity, flow and pressure;
- Ability to run 10 sequential tests with one set up;
- GO button eliminates need to enter the same conditions when repeating a test;
- Larger water reservoirs allow tests to be conducted overnight/weekends without an operator.