5. 5 Sustainable Packaging Trends to Look Out for in 2020
This February article outlined five critical sustainability trends. Here’s a crib sheet:
1. More companies announce sustainable packaging goals and create action plans. Most companies are committed to meeting their sustainability goals by 2025 or 2030.
2. Companies innovate to boost end markets for recycled plastics. Viable end markets for recycled materials are essential if brands are to meet their sustainable packaging objectives.
3. Brands replace substrates to meet recovery goals. Recyclable non-plastic materials, compostable materials, and even edible substrates are coming on strong.
4. Companies start taking reusable packaging more seriously. Reuse is catching up with recycling as a way to improve packaging sustainability.
5. Material health becomes more important in packaging. Scientists and regulators are looking at the safety of using of per- and/or polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in packaging.
View full article here.