The Medical Device Packaging Technical Committee (MDPTC) of the Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) is looking to acknowledge a committed leader in the medical device packaging community with its annual MDPTC Honor Award.
You can nominate someone you know, or you can nominate yourself, through the online nomination form.
Be prepared to answer these questions about your nominee:
• Why should the nominee be honored?
• What specific career contributions are exemplary?
• How did the nominee’s work align with MDPTC Mission Statement?
Mission: The IoPP Medical Device Packaging Technical Committee provides a forum for packaging professionals representing the Medical Device Industry for discussion, exchange, and development of information on issues that affect them in areas of organization, problems and technical issues, regulations, standards, and new technologies.
• Describe a career achievement you (or the nominee) are most proud of.
• List any awards or professional recognitions received and when.
• How many years has the nominee worked in the industry?
• Provide information to support your (or the nominees) passion for medical device packaging.
• What companies has the nominee worked with or served throughout his/her career?
MDPTC Honor Award Program Leader David DiVaccaro, principal of DiVaccaro Consulting Group LLC, explains the process of selecting the winner: “A volunteer IoPP member subcommittee created the original evaluation questions and criteria for how candidates are evaluated. The subcommittee reconvenes annually to review/agree on the criteria and then submits the survey to membership, via email and LinkedIn, to obtain nominees,” DiVaccaro says. “The subcommittee reviews the nominee submissions against the criteria and recommends award winners. The recommendations are presented to the MDPTC board for ratification.”
The 2022 Honor Award winner is expected to be announced at the new medical device packaging conference thePACKout, May 10-12, in Austin, Texas.