Printing Industries of America has announced the recipients of the 2011 InterTech Technology Awards. The technologies receiving this prestigious award have been judged as truly innovative and expected to have a major impact on the graphic communications and packaging industries.
The independent panel of judges deliberated over technology nominations ranging from plates and digital printing to a variety of production and management software. Great strides in technology were demonstrated in packaging software, inkjet printing, workflow automation, offset press efficiency, UV curing and variable-data printing.
Eight innovative technologies were selected to receive the award. The 2011 InterTech Technology Award recipients are (listed alphabetically by company, with the technology named first):
• Enfocus Switch: Enfocus
• KBA Flying JobChange: KBA North America Inc.
• Komori H-UV Drying and Curing System: Komori America Corp.
• manroland autoprint APL: manroland Inc.
• Memjet Technologies: Memjet
• PDF/VT (ISO 16612-2): NPES The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies (NPES coordinates U.S. representation to the ISO technical committee on graphic technology)
• Studio Toolkit for Shrink Sleeves: EskoArtwork
• TrueJet Digital Coated Papers: NewPage Corp.
The InterTech stars, recognized as the symbol of technological innovation and excellence, will be presented before an audience of industry leaders during the 2011 Printing Industries of America Premier Print Awards and InterTech Technology Awards Gala, Sept. 11, 2011, in Chicago.
A technology review booklet showcasing all of the entries will be produced and distributed this fall at GRAPH EXPO and in an issue of Printing Industries of America: The Magazine. The booklet will also be available at www.printing.org/InterTech.
Source: Printing Industries of America