As the level of qualified workers recedes and growth imperatives loom, many engineering executives are counting on packaging automation to fill in the blanks. Will it? What packaging automation technologies do brand owners want but don’t have yet? What issues do they have with solutions already in place?
Answers to these and other burning packaging automation questions will be revealed during the free 45-minute panel discussion “Trends in Packaging Automation” at the upcoming PackEx Montreal 2016 event (Nov. 30-Dec. 1; Montreal, Quebec, Canada).
Experts in packaging and automation will come together on Thurs., Dec. 1, from noon to 12:45 p.m. at Center Stage (Booth #1625), to discuss advancements in packaging automation—and evaluate what works and what doesn't:
• Kevin Sargeson, director of field sales at Balluff Canada Inc.
• Fadi Rabbath, president and business development at Gespro Packaging
• Tim Dolan, sales director at Premier Tech Systems
• Peter Fitzgerald, general manager, Fanuc Canada Ltd.
Moderator Jim Beretta, president of marketing consulting agency Customer Attraction, works with high-technology manufacturers and the automation community across North America. Among the questions he’ll ask:
• What packaging automation trends are you seeing now? What is on the horizon?
• What are the big packaging automation concerns of brand owners and why?
• How has the Internet of Things (IoT), Industry 4.0 or connected machinery touched your clients or their clients? What about security issues? Budget issues?
• What key technologies are packaging and applications engineers considering, learning about or investing in, and why?
• What predictions can you make about automation that you will think will move the needle for packaging operations?
Moderator Jim Beretta from Customer Attraction.