Most know when there's a holiday, birthday, or other special day, but did you realize today is #BubbleWrapDay?
We pay tribute to this iconic “air-enclosed film” cushioning and sometime stress reliever — an application that may have experienced unprecedented participation this past year — with a roundup of interesting Tweets that tell the story of the iconic wrap. Let's start with five fascinating facts:
- It was originally intended to be wallpaper;
- A survey conducted by Kelton Research reveals that about one minute of popping the cushioning provides stress relief equivalent to a 33-minute massage;
- An Air Force Base once mistook its pops for gunshots;
- It was a Toy Hall of Fame finalist in 2016; and
- Bubble Wrap is in the Museum of Modern Art.
There was a dramatic build up to the big day...
And finally, it arrives.
Where it all began.
It's a day for kids...
...and for dogs, too.
It's been a pop culture phenomenon...
and a global sensation.
If you also don’t know Dutch, it translates as: “Do you have a packaging challenge? Don't worry we've got your pack!”
There has to be a sustainability angle, right?
Lastly, don’t forget to mark your calendars for next year!