PMMI congratulates the Packaging Hall of Fame Class of 2012:
• Curtis Babb; MillerCoors (retired)
• Thomas Brady; Plastic Technologies Inc. (PTI)
• Thomas Dunn; Flexpacknology LLC
• Fred Hayes; Hayes & Associates Inc.
• Hershey and Bernie Lerner, Automated Packaging Systems
• Nick Wilson, Morrison Container Handling Solutions
"The range of experience and dedication to giving back to the packaging community in this year's class is extraordinary," says Maria Ferrante, vp, Education & Workforce Development, PMMI.
The inductees will be recognized at a reception in their honor on Oct. 30, 2012, 5:15 p.m., at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Chicago, during PACK EXPO International 2012.
"The entire PACK EXPO community is invited to the Packaging Hall of Fame reception. In addition to honoring these distinguished leaders, it provides scholarships for students in packaging programs around the country," Ferrante says. "It's a very powerful way to support our industry."
Proceeds from the reception benefit PMMI's Packaging Education and Training Foundation, which offers scholarships for students in two- or four-year packaging programs.
Tickets are available for $75 per person, and table sponsorships range from $1,500 to $3,000.