Headed back to New York for three days in June, EastPack is gearing up to deliver the latest in products, equipment and technologies to meet your packaging needs. This interactive tradeshow and conference is taking place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, which also co-locates HBA Global Expo, ATX East, MDM East, PLASTEC East, Atlantic Design & Manufacturing and Pharmapack North America during June 10-12, 2014.
New to the line-up this year is the Speed Networking feature where attendees will discover an entire gamut of professionals at EastPack—ranging throughout advanced manufacturing industries. There will be thousands in attendance which will provide show goers the unique opportunity to meet their next partner, new hire, client and much more.
This high-impact, organized event heightens networking opportunities by pairing attendees up with relevant professionals according to their preferences. It’s relaxed, fun, with no cost attached!
Attendees can also gain access to theater sessions on the trade show floor for no additional cost. Soak in new technology tidbits and product briefs from suppliers that showcase the latest solutions and innovations in all new Tech Theaters.
If you are looking to get a behind-the-scenes tour of the latest technology located on the show floor, sign up for one of three Innovation Tours: 3D printing, mobile health and robotics
Develop your own flexible agenda by choosing from 17 two-hour seminars over the course of three expo days. Hear from the latest innovators providing concrete methods and tools to break through normal patterns of thinking.
The Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) is putting on two-hour seminars for one day on June 10, on these hot topics:
• Improving Packaging Design for the Retail Experience;
• Leveraging Smart and Interactive Packaging Technologies for Engaging Customers;
• Innovations in Packaging Materials and their Usability.
Says Jim George, IoPP’s director of education: “These seminars will provide a forum to update packaging professionals from many corners of the industry on new developments and best practices.”
Pharmapack North America is also hosting two-hour seminars throughout the course of two days that will cover:
• Injectable packaging: new materials, handling aggressive formulations, E&L, new injector technologies;
• Combination product packaging to improve stability, accuracy and outcome;
• Full regulation update on DQSA, serialization and anti-counterfeiting;
• Innovation: Five year forecast—connecting better with tomorrow’s customer;
• Updates on design and labeling technologies to improve compliance;
• New materials for increased stability and protection.
Advanced design, manufacturing and automation seminars will take place over the three days and run for two hours, covering:
• Implementing a flexible and safe robotics strategy, including case studies;
• 3D printing: Innovations in materials and new applications, plus 3D printing for the experienced engineer;
• Smart factories: New technologies and connectivity strategies to automate the factory floor;
• Design Innovation for Engineers using human factors.
The IoPP AmeriStar Package Awards, along with the UBM Canon Packaging Group Visionary Awards, presented by Packaging Digest and Pharmaceutical & Medical Packaging News, will recognize finalists and award winners at a dual ceremony on June 10.
AmeriStar awards are given based on six criteria: Innovation, Package Performance, Marketing, Environmental Impact, Product Protection and Economics.