At PMMI's Annual Meeting, vice chairman Nick Wilson announced this year’s inductees to the Packaging Hall of Fame. Of the four individuals selected for induction, two are associated with PMMI member companies:
• Robert Dodrill; Chairman of the Board; Rollprint Packaging Products(PMMI member since 2007)
• Edwin Landon; Landon, Farrey & Associates; former Executive Dir., Institute of Packaging Professionals
• Michael Richmond, Ph.D.; Sr. Partner, Packaging & Technology Integrated Solutions, LLC
• Bill Zito; Vice President, Sales; Enercon Industries Corporation (PMMI member since 1994).
“Each of these gentlemen has helped to shape the packaging industry as we know it today. Whether it’s been by inventing new products, outreach, or education, they’ve all made a positive impact,” says Maria Ferrante, vice president, education & workforce development, PMMI.
The year’s honorees were selected this month by the Packaging Hall of Fame Commission, a panel of professionals representing all aspects of packaging.
“Commission members had their work cut out for them,” Ferrante notes. “In an industry built on innovation, choosing only a few innovators to honor is not easy.”
The Packaging Hall of Fame Class of 2010 will be inducted Tuesday, Nov. 2, at 5:15 pm, in a special reception at the Hyatt McCormick Place. Proceeds from the reception benefit college-level packaging education.
This honor has been presented annually since 1971. Tickets to the induction ceremony and honor are available for $75 each. Attendees’ firms may also purchase sponsorships for the event at levels costing between $1,500 and $3,000. Contact Tom Egan for details: 703.516.0643 or [email protected]
Thank You, Commission Members
A new Packaging Hall of Fame Commission is named each year. The 2010 panel is below:
• Jack Aguero, Vice President, Business Development & Marketing, Pro Mach, Inc.
• Joe Angel, Vice President/Publisher, Packaging World
• Curtis Babb, Director, Packaging Materials & Development, MillerCoors
• Jane Chase, Board Chairperson, IoPP; Sr. Dir. Packaging Innovation and R&D, Schwan Food Company
• Tom Egan, Vice President, Industry Services, PMMI
• Maria Ferrante, Vice President, Education & Workforce Development, PMMI
• John Kowal, Market Development Manager, B&R Industrial Automation Corp
• Bob Larkin, Director, Packaging & Graphics Development, ACH Food Companies, Inc
• Rick Lingle, Executive Editor, BNP Media
• Ben Miyares, President, The Packaging Management Institute
• Tom Osip, Director, Research & Development, Mead Johnson Nutrition
• Karen Proctor, Professor, Rochester Institute of Technology
• Sean Riley, Editor, PMT Magazine
• Dwight C. Schmidt, President, FIBRE BOX ASSOCIATION
• Rick Schneider , President, Schneider Packaging Equipment Company
• Nick Wilson, President, Morrison Container Handling Solutions