Sign up for the Packaging Digest News & Insights newsletter.
Lisa McTigue Pierce
February 1, 2024
1 Min Read
dragana991 / iStock via Getty Images Plus
Days after the close of a successful Pharmapack Europe 2024 event, my colleagues there shared these five key takeaways, giving insight into existing and emerging trends for pharmaceuticals (Pharmapack and Packaging Digest are both owned by Informa):
1. Revolutionary Shift in Drug Delivery: Pharmapack’s latest report forecasts a revolutionary shift in inhaled pulmonary and intra-nasal drug delivery, reaching beyond traditional applications.
2. Expanding Therapeutic Horizons: Innovations are soaring for conditions like lung cancer, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and Parkinson's disease, signifying a notable evolution in inhalation device development.
3. Auto-Injectors Take the Lead: Witnessing a surge in popularity, auto-injectors are outshining on-body devices, driven by their cost-effectiveness and enhanced user-friendliness.
4. Industry Confidence Peaks: Pharmapack Europe reports record-breaking attendance and sustainability achievements, showcasing a robust and optimistic outlook for the drug delivery and packaging sector.
5. Collaboration Fuels Innovation: The report underscores the pivotal role of partnerships in driving device innovation, with companies actively adopting collaboration models for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
About the Author(s)
Executive Editor, Packaging Digest
Lisa McTigue Pierce is Executive Editor of Packaging Digest. She’s been a packaging media journalist since 1982 and tracks emerging trends, new technologies, and best practices across a spectrum of markets for the publication’s global community. Reach her at [email protected] or 630-272-1774.
You May Also Like