2023 America Recycles Day Celebrates Our Commitment2023 America Recycles Day Celebrates Our Commitment
From clever campaigns to an Amazon bombshell, here’s a snapshot of recent developments in packaging recycling that are trying to make a difference for people, planet, and profits.
November 13, 2023
While most people dedicated to sustainability and a circular economy — where nothing goes to waste — point to the disappointing state of recycling in America today, there is one day where we applaud the wins of the past year and reignite our commitment to do even better.
That day is November 15: America Recycles Day.
A national initiative of Keep America Beautiful since 1994, America Recycles Day raises awareness about the importance of recycling and encourages consumers, communities, and companies to increase their recycling efforts.
KAB’s three-step plan urges people to:
• Recycle at home, work, school, and on the go;
• Buy products made with recycled content;
• Educate and encourage friends, family, and neighbors to do the same.
America Recycles Day is particularly relevant for packaging professionals who are creating and using recyclable materials.
Packaging Digest celebrates the day by looking at some of the successes this past year with packaging recycling. We’ve organized activities and developments from the last 12 months into six areas:
1. Market Updates, Trends & New Tools Emerge;
2. Brand Owner & Retailer Moves Help;
3. Paper Packaging is the Go-To Material as Plastic-to-Paper Switches Persist;
4. Flexible Packaging Recycling Inches Ahead;
5. Recycled-Content Use Strengthens Recycling Business;
6. New Technologies Help Broaden Recycling for Packaging.
About the Author(s)
You May Also Like