3. 6 Food and Beverage Packaging Trends that Will Dominate 2020
This January 2020 article predicted the year’s six hottest trends in food-and-beverage packaging design, citing:
1. “Metamorphoses,” in which one design element transforms into another, creating an optical illusion that adds visual interest and tempts consumers to look at the pack’s intricate details.
2. Maximalism and rich, heavily detailed packaging, which is luxurious, attention-grabbing, and uses intense colors.
3. Retro-futuristic packaging that combines futuristic and retro design elements.
4. Ecologically aware packaging that’s recyclable, made from eco-friendly materials, or uses less material.
5. Transparent packaging that uses the product’s color as a design feature.
6. Neatly structured layouts that enable a minimalistic approach to package design.
View full article here.